As has occurred several times in the past, the participation in the C&W Roundtable has waned after a couple of months of participation.
Many of the websites that contribute to the feature are handling a host of mid-summer activities during our beloved sport's off-season. As a result, the roundtable is going into another indefinite hiatus. There will be an attempt to revive it as fall practice picks up and any information about that will be posted here.
Thanks for reading and Roll Tide!
Friday, June 18, 2010
- Expansion has happened. The Pac-10 and Big Ten have grown by two and one teams respectively, the Big XII has shrunk by two and the Mountain West has added one (the WAC lost one, but really who cares?). Who did the best and worse in the whole deal, conference, team or both?
- To piggyback off the last question, do you foresee a shift in the balance of power in the conferences based on these moves?
- On to our team; I believe that it is safe to say that Alabama was a run first, clock-control type offense last season. This was, I think, first and foremost because we could count on the defense to shut down the opposing team – the only exception to this was the game plan against Florida, who the coaching staff seemed to respect offensively more. By all accounts the defense will not be as good this year and the offense will be counted on to score more points. Do you believe that the offensive philosophy will reflect this more – basically will the offensive game plan we saw against Florida be the norm for this season?
Picture Me Rollin (host) 18/06
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
- If you could pick one ex-Tide player up from the past (via Bill and Ted’s phone booth), to come in and shore up one of the 2010 team’s question marks, who would it be?
- About the “Roll Tide” cheer after first downs: “Yay, more downs!”, or “Hmmm, this feels forced…”
- It’s been a while since we’ve seen that fiery Scott Cochran tell us to get our flu vaccine, what should his next commercial be?
- When Urban Meyer finally decides to pursue his musical career and start the Acid Reflux Heart Attack Band, will Tim Tebow be able to join in playing mad drums, or will his pro career still be going strong?
- Complete this sentence: ________ is going to ________ a lot of ________ this Fall.
Tower of Bammer (host) 08/06